Product LeadAccess to Healthcare
The Institute for Transformative Technologies started in 2014 with a simple but compelling question: how can the world’s leading centres of R&D solve the biggest social and environmental challenges affecting the global poor? To answer that question, we began with the 50 Breakthroughs study to identify the most effective ways in which advanced technology can move the needle on such problems. We now work with a global network of research institutions and inventors to find the most promising early-stage technologies, and then with established companies, NGOs and public agencies around the world to bring these breakthroughs to life.
The Institute for Transformative Technologies (ITT) has been working with the support of the Tata Trusts, to build a technology-enabled primary healthcare delivery model. The vision is to create/co-develop/curate an integrated turnkey solution with biometric-enabled patient medical records system, standardized clinical protocols, a simple clinic management system (ERP) and an integrated suite of point-of-care diagnostics, to ensure high quality primary care. Over the past 6 months, the ITT team has demonstrated the model in one Sub-Centre (SC) in Maharashtra, and a couple of clinics in Kenya. The next step is to create a product that can help scale the model across hundreds of clinics in India and Kenya.
- Define and develop an integrated healthcare software product, including requirements, issues, and development modalities across the two markets, and potentially other markets of interest.
- Support the Business Leads (India and Kenya) in realizing the product vision by developing, refining and executing on the Product Roadmap for our technical infrastructure
- Lead a team of 2-3 members on various technology solutions/products
- Take appropriate actions to improve product and product efficiencies and performance
- Define metrics and measure success of product releases
- Identify key opportunities and effectively create and prioritize product requirements to realize them
- Work with Development teams/vendors to ensure they understand product requirements
- Maintain market awareness (competitors, market conditions, potential customers, etc.)
- Support Marketing and Business Development team in developing documents/materials to ensure product value propositions and positioning are understood and communicated appropriately
- Develop business cases for potential opportunities (partnerships, product solutions)
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must be from an engineering or software development background (B. Tech/M. Tech/BE)
- Previous experience of Product Development/Management experience with a top-notch technology consulting/development firm
- At Least 5-8 years of product development experience, preferably in a start-up
- Evidence of having delivered integrated/holistic software solutions/products
- Interest/Background in the healthcare sector – software/hardware
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills to translate product requirements into technical specs for the development team/vendors