Clinical AdvisorAccess to Healthcare
The Institute for Transformative Technologies (ITT) was created in 2014, with the belief that a fundamentally new generation of breakthrough technologies—along with a new paradigm of innovative business models—is required to sustainably address the major problems facing developing countries and the global poor.
ITT has been working with the support of the Tata Trusts and The Rockefeller Foundation, to build a technology-enabled primary healthcare delivery model. The vision is to create/co-develop/curate an integrated turnkey solution with biometric-enabled patient medical records system, standardized clinical protocols, a simple clinic management system (ERP) and an integrated suite of point-of-care diagnostics, to ensure high quality primary care. Over the past 6 months, the ITT team has demonstrated the model in one Sub-Centre (SC) in Maharashtra, and a couple of clinics in Kenya. The next step is to create a product that can help scale the model across hundreds of clinics in India and Kenya.
- Research and define best-in-class clinical protocols, and customise them for rural nurses (ANMs)
- Provide clinical support to technology-based rural primary care model, led by nurses. This involves thinking about clinical inputs for strategy development
- Develop a standardised list of chief complaints and diagnosis that can be incorporated into the digital platform (DP)
- Build an adult and paediatric prescription drug list as per the IPHS norms
- Support and develop clinical training modules for the ANMs. This will involve working with our partner organizations
- Support the product/ business/ operations team with clinical inputs as needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
- MBBS (Minimum) / MD (General Medicine; not compulsory – but good to have)
- At least 2 years of work experience in rural practice / public healthcare system
- Strong healthcare research / academic background preferred
- Some experience / exposure to healthcare technologies is preferred
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation, and report writing skills
Please note this is a part-time position, the candidate will be expected to spend 20 hours a week and will report to VP, Healthcare.